Birthing From Within™
- Childbirth preparation is a continually evolving process, not a static structure of techniques and knowledge.
- The purpose of childbirth preparation is to prepare mothers to give birth-in-awareness, not to achieve a specific birth outcome.
- For some women, pain can be a part of childbirth, yet much can be done to ease suffering. We will learn a variety of pain-coping practices that can, and are encouraged to be integrated into your daily life, rather than ‘dusted off’ for labor.
- In order to help parents mobilize their coping resources, it is critical for us to acknowledge that unexpected, unwelcome events may happen during labor. Parents deserve support for any birth option that may be right for them
- Fathers help best as birth guardians or loving partners, not as coaches; they also need support during pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period.
Weekend Immersion: Includes the same content, but over a single weekend, for those for whom this schedule is a better fit. This immersion format allows participants to move through the information and practices sequentially throughout the weekend, mirroring how they will experience labor (though with 2 night’s sleep and some down-time in between!).
Facilitator: Rowen Holland, SM
Schedule: Six 2.5 hour classes once a weekday evenings from 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Weekend Immersions will vary.
Price: $275 per couple
Notes: in order to allow for the best possible interaction with the class material and among the participant, there is a maximum enrollment of 8 couples for this class.
Dates: The following dates are available for registration:
Fri 7/12: 6:30 – 9pm
|6 Week Series||
** If you are interested in a series, please email email@example.com and let us know! We will do our best to accommodate your needs! **